IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication.
IELTS is recognized by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA. It is also recognized by professional bodies, immigration authorities, and other agencies. This course focuses on a comprehensive overview of the IELTS test components and helps you develop the skills you need to obtain a creditable score on the IELTS.
Students must take Career Gates Placement Test before undertaking this program as this program best suits students with an intermediate level of proficiency in English, or higher
The placement test is designed to give students of English a quick way of assessing the approximate level of their knowledge of English language compared to several international English exams (PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEFL); and the Council of Europe language assessment scale. The test will assess their English language skills i.e. grammar and usage, listening, speaking and writing skills.
IELTS Preparation Course Objectives
At the end of this course, students should be able to
• Know the composition and expectation of the IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections of test.
• Develop IELTS-specific listening strategies.
• Perfect general reading as well as IELTS reading strategies.
• Be able to plan and write a good essay in the style that IELTS demands.
• Be able to respond fluently and accurately using correct pronunciation and range of vocabulary in the oral interview.
• Time management for the different sections.
• Improve their score on the IELTS.
Teachers adopt a communicative approach to teaching by using individual work, group work, discussions, exercises, assignments, evaluation exams.
The course is delivered in 36 hours for six weeks, where students meet twice a week for 3 hours/session.